Advanced Fiber Products Ltd, AFP, is based at Haverhill in the UK within the high tech corridor of ‘Silicon Fen’, close to the famous university city of Cambridge in the East of England.
Advanced Fiber Products LLC, AFP LLC, is located in Chicago Illinois, close to O’Hare airport.
The 20,000 sq.ft. UK factory features 10,000+ sq. ft of specialized fiber assembly manufacturing space including Class 10,000 clean rooms, an ESD protected environment, engineering development laboratories and precision machining facilities. Recent business growth has prompted the completion of AFP’s the 4th clean room, further enhancing its specialized assembly capacity.
Capability highlights include:
- CO2 laser cleaving equipment
- CO2 laser lensing equipment
- Fully equipped CNC precision machine shop
- Specialty optical equipment – SEM, microscopes, lasers, detectors, PER test stations, OBR/OTDR, visual systems.
- PVD metallization chamber
- High pressure test facility
- Specialty single and multi-fiber splicing equipment
- RF stations and leak test facilities for hermeticsp
- Environmental chambers for qualification and FAT testing
- AR coating capabilities
- Harsh environment optical harnessing facility
- Telecoms grade connectorization and optical test facility
AFP LLC has additional capabilities specifically for active component design, manufacturing and testing:
- Optoelectronic assembly equipment
- Programming and testing
- Optoelectronic test equipment - BERT’s, spectrum analyzers, waveform analyzers, signal generators, test towers, wide band oscilloscopes, environmental chambers, power supplies
- Harsh environment optical harnessing and standard fiber connectorization
Engineering design tools extend to both optical and Pro-E CAD modeling.
Both UK and US facilities have plans for significant expansion through the next 5 years of the company’s growth.